Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The best things are free, Add music to


So Radiohead has released their new album, and there is a twist. You can go to their site and download, then pays, however much you want it, even a big fat zero. It has been a subject which has interested me for a long time. How much should we pay for music? You can base it on how much it costs to produce the music, which is stupid money. I have registration in the weekend with my other band. For two songs took the 12 whole hours on something as £ 25 an hour (which is cheap, by the way, compared to a Studio I know that charges £ 50). So there is a £ 300 for precisely the recording, not including mixing or mastering, so even in the digital age-if we surrender on CD duplication and illustrations and just release it online it is still a big say.

Then there is the promotion on top of which generally do not come for free.Based on this, if a person wants to listen to an album to new music as they pay over a grand (£ 1000) for it, but it would be a bit insane. A tenner for a album doesn't really seem that bad now makes it?

This used never to be a problem, but now with the old internet music industry is losing out on lots of cash. I believe, goes back to the general public not to realize how much time and money (not that they should) problem goes in music. Most non musicians I've spoken with have been surprised at how long it takes to record a song.

You have then the fact that the public in the years believed that they were getting a lot of raw materials from the record companies.When the compact disc prices jumped significantly from the entries, it was easy to believe that records labels are just greedy when actually they were priced LP's for a moment and made a loss in years ... I think that this has made the public very blase about stealing music (including myself when I should know better).

So whats the solution, wish I knew, but I can easily see a time when musicians make all released live performance and licensing, and music just to the public in order to promote the Act and their live shows.I do not think it would be a bad thing, namely for many of us, it would be in the same way as it is now, but without the guilt.

So you think, then great, which means that I will be able to get fully your caricature catalogue for free. perhaps at a time, but the problem with that, I have been informed that the public believe free stuff as being worthless and don't wish-able. I will now keep charging but if you can find a way to download our songs for free, so you have our blessing. For now, there is a free MP3 instrumental download of ' all ' on our websites music page. This is in fact free because I recorded it in my bedroom.








Download new music from yourscarecrowband.co.uk

Calum Macleod is the guitarist/vocalist for Glasgow Rock Band your caricature


No comments:

Post a Comment